Specialists are being which exist on items, and enhance various stats. When you first come across them, they are unsubdued. This means that their power is half what it could be, and that they cannot be moved between items. In order to subdue a specialist, your characters must enter the Item World and defeat them. Their health bar will be in yellow, rather than red, and nearby enemies will attack them as well. Please note that it must be a player character who deals the killing blow - death by Geo Chain or enemy will not count. Should you miss an enemy on one level, they will show up again, deeper within the item.
Specialists can also be combined in order to increase their level. Should a subdued and an unsubdued specialist be combined, the result will be an unsubdued specialist, and the power level of the formerly subdued specialist will be halved once again. For example; If you combine a subdued specialist of level 12, and an unsubdued specialist of level 5, the result will be an unsubdued specialist of level 11. When this specialist is subdued, their power will double to result in a level of 22 - the same as if you had originally combined two subdued specialists of levels 12 and 10.
Specialists come in a variety of types.
 Stat Enhancing Specialists
These consist of specialists which directly enhance the stats of an item. Having any of these specialists on the item as it is levelled up will result in a permanent rise to the relevant stat, particularly if one also defeats all Item Generals, Kings and Gods.
- Gladiators increase Attack.
- Sentrys increase Defence.
- Coachs increase Speed.
- Marksmen increase Hit.
- Teachers increase Intelligence.
- Physicians increase Resistance.
- Masters increase SP.
- Dieticians increase HP.
The power of these specialists is limited to a combined level of 9999.
 Status Specialists
These specialists increase your resistance to various status ailments, or elements.
- Pharmacists decrease your chances of getting poisoned.
- Alchemists give you the chance to poison you enemy when you attack.
- Coffee Makers decrease your chances of getting put to sleep.
- Hypnotists give you the chance to put your enemy to sleep when you attack.
- Medicine Men decrease your chances of getting paralyzed.
- Witch Doctors give you the chance to paralyze you enemy when you attack.
- Psychologists decrease your chances of forgetting your special abilities.
- Amnesiacs give you the chance to make your enemy forget their special abilities when you attack.
- Social Workers decrease your chances of not being able to gain experience.
- Gangsters give you the chance to make your enemy unable to gain experience when you attack.
 Increase Specialists
These specialists increase the amount you are rewarded after or during battle.
- Managers increase the amount of Mana you are awarded. Each level is equivalent to an additional 1%, up to an additional 300%.
- Brokers increase the amount of HL you are awarded. Each level is equivalent to an additional 1%, up to an additional 300%.
- Statisticians increase the amount of experience you are awarded. Each level is equivalent to an additional 1%, up to an additional 300%.
- Armsmasters increase the rate at which a character's Weapon Levels increase. They also increase the amount of weapon experience earned, by 1% each, up to a limit of 1900%.
Please note that while you can combine statisticians, managers and brokers to higher levels than those mentioned, this will have absolutely no effect. It's far more effective, should you end up with more than 300 of each, to put the surplus on another item, and so allow another character to gain the bonuses. The same for Armsmasters - more than 1900 will have no additional affect. ==
Related Threadsleveling up specialists and weapons - last post by @ Aug 3, 2007
10840 Statistician, Broker, Armmaster and Manager specialists. - last post @ Jun 23, 2014
Specialists - last post by @ Nov 27, 2008
Item Specialist Help - last post by @ Oct 20, 2003
Specialists in Special Items? - last post by @ Jun 8, 2009