|« Disgaea 2|
Characters are the units you use in battle. Disgaea 2 features 34 different generic character classes, as well as 12 unique characters. You can have up to 116 generics and all 12 uniques, for a total of 128 characters. Each character can create new characters, learn spells, and much more.
 Humanoid Characters
There are 17 humanoid character classes. All can equip weapons and even learn weapon skills. Additionally, some even learn their own skills. Each class has six different tiers. Each successive tier is unlocked by having a character of the previous tier at a specific level, as noted under Level Requirement.
 Monster Characters
There are 17 monster character classes. None of them can equip weapons or learn weapon skills, but each one has four unique skills. Each class has six different tiers. Each successive tier is unlocked by having a character of the previous tier at a specific level, as noted under Level Requirement.
 Unique Characters
There are 15 unique characters. Eight of them are considered humanoid characters, while the other seven are monster characters.
 Dark Hero Days
Many additional playable characters and classes were added in Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days.
Unique Humanoid Characters
Unique Monster Characters
 General Data
- Special Abilities: [Innate abilities of character or class.]
- Lover Bonus: [Effect on character resulting from having Lovers on your him/her.]
- Recruitment: [How the character is recruited. For generic classes, this is how the first tier of the class is unlocked.]
- Counter: [The maximum number of counter-attacks the character can perform in one turn.]
- Move: [The maximum distance a character can move in one turn.]
- Jump: [The maximum height a character can jump.]
- Throw: [The maximum distance and height a character can throw. Height = 17 + (3 * Distance).]
- EXP Rate: [Multiplier used to calculate Total Exp and Exp To Next Level. Does not affect Exp Yield of character when killed.]
- Yield Parameters are used to calculate the Exp/HL Yield when the character is killed.
- Basic Stats determine the starting stats of the character, as well as stat gain at each individual level.
- Aptitudes are multipliers used to determine the stats gained from items.
- Weapon/Skill Proficiency represents how quickly the character gains Weapon/Skill Experience. It is shown here as both a letter and a number. The letter is a broad representation of the Proficiency, and that's what the game shows you, but there is actually a more specific value.
- The Capability Mana Costs represent how much Mana you must pay to create the character at a specific Tier and Capability.
Related ThreadsYour preferred character - last post by @ Feb 14, 2015
How did you design your Destiny Character? - last post by @ Aug 16, 2014
Thinking of a second character, Hunter or Titan? - last post by @ Sep 29, 2014
Meet the Ogre, unrevealed Destiny Character - last post by @ Jul 28, 2014
Anyone want to make new a new character with me? (PS3) - last post by @ Feb 15, 2015
This page has been accessed 40,314 times.